Search the forum,

Discuss Scam phone calls "we need access to your computer" in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
I had one today, "we understand you are having problems with your Windows computer"

I got a little bit carried away with the abuse I hurled down the phone before he hung up, I had to go outside so my customer didn't hear. :cuss:

I had one today, "we understand you are having problems with your Windows computer"

I got a little bit carried away with the abuse I hurled down the phone before he hung up, I had to go outside so my customer didn't hear. :cuss:

The ppi phone calls are doing my head in this week. I had to race downstairs today to reach the phone in time only to find it's another poxy ppi call!

I sent off my ppi form last month so I'm waiting for a call from a strange out of area number, that is why I'm answering all this rubbish.

The sales calls I just politely hang up on them mid sentence but the scammers I abuse and I get personal...they are scum of the earth.

Ive found the best thing to do is get them going like your interested then wait till there made up someones actually on the phone, get them to explain/talk you through stuff and then say no sorry I'm not interested

Ive found the best thing to do is get them going like your interested then wait till there made up someones actually on the phone, get them to explain/talk you through stuff and then say no sorry I'm not interested

I play along nice and then I get nasty..

I had the call about the car crash I didn't have.

I told the girl thank the Lord she rang me because I'm having minor psychological issues since a minibus full of nuns ran into the back of me.

It was a good couple of minutes before she got round to asking what issues I'm having.

I've developed an irrational fear of penguins, I told her.

She hung up on me!

(*)>(*)>(*)>(*)>(*)>

I had the call about the car crash I didn't have.

I told the girl thank the Lord she rang me because I'm having minor psychological issues since a minibus full of nuns ran into the back of me.

It was a good couple of minutes before she got round to asking what issues I'm having.

I've developed an irrational fear of penguins, I told her.

She hung up on me!

(*)>(*)>(*)>(*)>(*)>

I had Google trying to sell me top page, the girl asked what I would think if I was top page of Google I replied "I think i'd be paying a company that doesn't pay all there tax, and takes more money off hard working people" it took her a while to figure it out then hung up

-First page of Google - I ask if it cheaper to be on the second page.
-Life Insurance - What benefits do I get out of it.
-Investing money - say I'm on welfare
-Solar panel for hot water and electricity - say I'm renting the property and can't give out landlords details due to privacy act.
-Retirement schemes - say I won't live long enough to retire.

My mate gets these calls about is computer showing up a fault, he has done for a few years, only thing is he's not got or ever had a computer, :computer:

Had the ole pc problem phone call a while back.....played along with it saying yes I've pressed this button, yes to pressing that button etc, he at the other end of the phone says " you should have a message on screen now" no no ooo has its just popped up saying your a scamming b######,,,,, he then goes into one saying I've wasted his time & an idiot, so I say no-one ever ever phones me & im so lonely & how nice it is to talk to someone......called me an idiot for wasting his time & hung up on me....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Scam phone calls "we need access to your computer" in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock