Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Santa's Grotto - gas fire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

macackau

Took my little girl to see Santa today and it ended with him telling a story inside a log cabin that was approximately 3mx3mx2.5m. First thing I noticed when we walked in was a smell of gas! There was a what looked like a portable gas fire running of what I assume a would be a LPG calour gas bottle, to be honest I was as bit worried about the severe lack of ventilation for Santa! On a serious note, the guys who are clued up on LPG, should there be permanent ventilation for that sort of appliance? There was a door that was opened briefly to let you in and out but that was it. I was sitting there thinking surely that fire is putting out POCs and there is a distinct lack of fresh air coming in. I did say to the manager they should be concerned about a potential carbon monoxide build up

its the same with any fuel the appliance will need ventilation unless stated in mis

This is instructions for a randomly selected cabinet heater. http://www.sealey.co.uk/pdfs/instructions/CH4200.pdf

Note ventilation instructions. Apart from any gas requirements the store will have a duty of care to staff and visitors. If you can be bothered, call or emai the manger, pointing out that he would be the responsible person. In truth, we are all responsible for acting on our concerns - these situations may not be something any one in the store has thought of, but may be taken seriousy if pointed out.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. I did speak to the manager and he said he would speak to the person running the attraction. Doubt anything will happen.

more fire risk than poc risk, all that tinsel and kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! give the local fire officer a call, bet they will enforce some common sense

does it need any if less than 7kw?

think there should be a protection guard around it for the case of kids about!.

fatty in the redsuit must be sweating a bit though.lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Good points about the fire risk and kids burning themselves (there was no guard) as well, that part hadn't even crossed my mind. I was thinking about that fella sitting there for 6-7 hours a day breathing in POCs. One person called me back and said they would speak to the people running it. I'll follow it up this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
its ok, i hear he's a part-time gsr so all under control. good job my photoshops down.lol

cropchrismas.png

Yea, good point about fire risk.

I'm not 100% on LPG OR Caboinets. But the MI's for the heater I found and posted say ventilation required, although I'm guessing a cracked open window would suffice. The 7Kw allowance rule is for FLUED appliances.If it was a NG fixed fire it would of course need 100cm.

I wonder how Santa's beard copes with the conensation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Santa's Grotto - gas fire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock