Discuss s plan, y plan made easy? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bob the plumber

the boss told me today that you can now get kits that make wiring an s plan or y plan easy..smart something he said??? does anyone have a link so i can have a look. never had a problem with them myself but was interested to see the kit

thanks

Smartfit just plugs in to everything as far as im aware just search honeywell smartfit

the honeywell wiring centre is just as good. inside it tells you which wire goes where

Thats cheating you must and I cannot stress this enough, pump with sweat and rip half your hair out whilst fumbling with a throbbing nest of wires for atleast 5 years. Well I had too :28:

lol id never use one, no need to, just wanted to have a look, thanks

Bob how fast can you wire an average Y plan installation blindfolded ?

The problem with these pre wired kits are when a component goes wrong.

F..cking pain in the arse to find whether a component is faulty/ the wiring center or did the original installer cut the wrong link !

6 neutrals into1 terminal strip is also not the future:66:

I find the Drayton/Acl wiring center to be great for most systems. :punk:

So that box next to the tank remind me why they call it a PLUMBERS BOOM

The problem with these pre wired kits are when a component goes wrong.

F..cking pain in the arse to find whether a component is faulty/ the wiring center or did the original installer cut the wrong link !

6 neutrals into1 terminal strip is also not the future:66:

I find the Drayton/Acl wiring center to be great for most systems. :punk:
I much prefer the honeywell or danfoss stuff myself
But I agree its a pain in the butt to put your multimeter probes in the back of a plug / socket

The old Randall wiring centres were the best i've ever seen but they must be too expensive to market now. Only time i see them is when i take them out but i always keep them.
They came with different inset cards which you laid in the lid to give you a diagram to suit whatever makes of controls you were fitting.
In fact i had one in the van i took out yesterday
Randall1.jpg Randall2.jpg Randall3.jpg

Thats a experienced post there

OLD MAN

I may one or two years behind ya but there is plenty of this stuff like this round my way

Like most things they don't make em like they used to lol.

I thought the post hadn't went up the first time so did it again¿
I'll rub one out.

those centres are good if the card is still there :) I'm prefer the bog standard cheap and cheerful chop blocks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to s plan, y plan made easy? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back