Discuss S Plan HW is scalding hot in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I Had a query from a customer recently who said the water was too hot coming from the taps.

The cylinder stat was set at 40.

previously they were having an issue with no HW

They said they recently had the PCB changed (incorrectly diagnosed by the previous engineer as admitted)

2 port was changed then HW working again.

I suggested turning down the stat at the boiler as it was set to maximum. Not sure if this has helped as I haven't spoke to them since.

Faulty cylinder stat?

What else would cause this?

Thanks

Who changed the 2 port valve? Was it you? If not was the whole valve changed or just the actuator? If it is still the old body is that passing? If not then check the cylinder stat or immersion heater not switched on.

where is the stat fitted? 40 is low???
how long is the hw set to be on/
immersion heater??

Not fitted by me. Same engineer as who changed the PCB according to customer.

There is no immersion already checked that.

Yes that's what I thought 40 on cyl stat is too low which is making me think that's at fault. How do I test the cylinder stat?

The Cylinder stat was fitted at the right level on the cylinder.

For the time it takes messing around trying to check a cylinder stat you could have replaced it. Go with that first

For the time it takes messing around trying to check a cylinder stat you could have replaced it. Go with that first

It's not actually the job I was there for. They were picking my brains as to why the water would be too hot. As I wasn't there for that I didn't want to delve too deeply because it was a 'while your here' type query. Which is why I turned the stat down on the boiler and said let me know if you need it sorted and I can investigate further.

I'm asking more out of interest for myself in case I do have to go and have a look or I come across the same problem elsewhere.

I got ya, hate them ones of "While you're here" and its always as you happy you've fixed something else and pretty much on your way out the door. Good luck if you have to go back, if you do, have a mental note of which cylinder stat they had for quick change.

we call these customers woodyas and they allways ask after theyve paid you for the original job would you just look at this

I don't mind having a little look but I will be very vague with the info I give (if I know what the fault is) just in case they want me to tell them and do the job themselves or go to someone else. I'm slowly learning what customers are like and even though I might be a bit too cheap I wont do anyone any freebies.

we call these customers woodyas and they allways ask after theyve paid you for the original job would you just look at this

had a chap recently who produced a list of 10 little things to do after I serviced the boiler, so I returned a week later for a day :)

This can't be real:

cstat.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to S Plan HW is scalding hot in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock