Currently reading:
S-Plan Central Heating Installation Question

Discuss S-Plan Central Heating Installation Question in the USA Plumbers Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Ray you've had alot of good advice from the members on here and unfortunately some not so nice criticism, all I will say is always use a fully qualified electrician for the wiring, you are your own man and will do as you please but we only want you your family and friend to be safe.

It is not unusual to fit a 5 way plug to a existing power head cable it saves messing around in the heating junction box which contains many wires that can be very awkward to distinguish what does what it's also safer, a loose cable connection or wrong cable position can cause alot of problems please keep safe . Kop

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220209-071757.png
    Screenshot_20220209-071757.png
    607.2 KB · Views: 15
Well Ray you've had alot of good advice from the members on here and unfortunately some not so nice criticism, all I will say is always use a fully qualified electrician for the wiring, you are your own man and will do as you please but we only want you your family and friend to be safe.

It is not unusual to fit a 5 way plug to a existing power head cable it saves messing around in the heating junction box which contains many wires that can be very awkward to distinguish what does what it's also safer, a loose cable connection or wrong cable position can cause alot of problems please keep safe . Kop
Thanks for that.

As you can see from my previous comments the job has been passed to a registered electrician who has agreed with the proposed works to be carried out. The cost is going to be about £200 excluding new equipment and will be completed in the summer or late spring.

It just occurred to me after the fact that the main objective of this work is to enable the lady who owns the property
to be able to turn the CH off in the summer and just have the HW on which she ought to be able to do by default but can't
because it has not been set up the way you would normally set up an S-Plan installation. It is functioning as it is but this
inability to select HW only has had an impact on her fuel consumption last summer burning far more oil than she needed
to have done. This work is to remedy that moving forward.

But that objective could be met by simply inserting a switch in the CH zone valve cable to cut the power off when CH
is not required in the summer months and, of course to restore the power at the end of summer when required. That could be done without touching the current control installation. The bypass valve is working ok. I know that because I have checked it.

So I can't think of any reason why this can't be done.

The CH zone valve is the silver one in the picture.

The wiring center is on the right in the other picture. The CH cable is the black one right of center.

I am talking about a surface mounted DP neon switch underneath the wiring center.

Does that sound feasible?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20200711_102109.jpg
    IMG_20200711_102109.jpg
    420.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20201211_104115.jpg
    IMG_20201211_104115.jpg
    332.4 KB · Views: 13
Well yes of course its possible but
you can achieve the same result by selecting off on programmer or simply turning down room stat!

Well yes of course its possible but
you can achieve the same result by selecting off on programmer or simply turning down room stat!
There is no "OFF" on the programmer for the CH. It's either all or nothing.
I wouldn't expect anyone to go through the entire thread but if you look at my origin posting #1 you'll get the gist.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to S-Plan Central Heating Installation Question in the USA Plumbers Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock