Discuss S and Y plan systems help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsmart

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I've got a little install test for helplink tomorrow and I've been told I'll be given s & y plan diagrams and be told to fill in the blanks.

I know the very basics about s & y plan but to be honest the most I've done on them is change a 2 port or rip the system out!!

Any pointers on what I should go over or what to expect these blanks to be ? they did hint about bypass's

thanks

if its electrical wise think of them like light switches no power will be passed on until it reaches what it set to

S plan uses two 2 port valves with bypass between pump and valves
Y plan uses 3 port valve, no bypass required

sounds much like the gas board tests probably ask you to label the diagram pump valves drain off vent cold feed header tank

I've done it pal they put a boiler rads and a cylinder on the paper you've to draw the pipes and valves to the s and y plan remeber s plan pump on flow tee by pass and tee off two zone valves one to cylinder one to rads common ya returns from cylinder and rads y plan first tee on return is cylinder pump on flow into bottom of 3 port one to cylinder one side to rads auto air vents on both flows going to cylinder ( top connection on coil) cold feed and expansion teed into the flow behind the pump within 6 inch of each over expansion first cold feed behind the pump hope that helps

Last edited:
I've done it pal they put a boiler rads and a cylinder on the paper you've to draw the pipes and valves to the s and y plan remeber s plan pump on flow tee by pass and tee off two zone valves one to cylinder one to rads common ya returns from cylinder and rads y plan first tee on return is cylinder pump on flow into bottom of 3 port one to cylinder one side to rads auto air vents on both flows going to cylinder ( top connection on coil) cold feed and expansion teed into the flow behind the pump within 6 inch of each over expansion first cold feed behind the pump hope that helps

That sounds like it's going to be fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to S and Y plan systems help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock