Discuss RM Stainless Cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ambert

Hi Guys, I installed my first stainless HW cylinder back in February all went fine customer was happy as they realised that a stainless cylinder would last longer than a copper. Had a call form him on Friday to say it was leaking. Went to investigate and found that it had failed around throat where it joins the main body of the cylinder. I've tried to fix it with Evo-Stik Plumber's Mait Quick Leak Repair Putty, which was useless the water just kept seeping out round the putty. I drained down the cylinder and isolated the supply. Now the customer has no stored HW. Any ideas how to fix these cylinders. Left a message with the manufacturer, will be contacting Plumb Center in the morning.

Considering the cylinder has a 5 year warranty get a FOC replacement and swap it.

if its split back to your merchant for a replacement and let them sort it fm there unless manufacturer going to sort it for you.

Should be within guarantee. No way forward for any repair. What size is it and where are you based, I have a month old RM sitting in my workshop which is up for grabs. PM me if you don't wish to share your info on the public forum.

Should be within guarantee. No way forward for any repair. What size is it and where are you based, I have a month old RM sitting in my workshop which is up for grabs. PM me if you don't wish to share your info on the public forum.
Never had to return anything to merchant before, hope it's a straight-forward swap, guess they'll have to order it.
It's a 900 x 450 120 litre direct. Thanks for the offer Reg man, I'm based in West Sussex, so sorry to say it's a bit unreasonable to go Norfolk. I'm pretty disappointed with it as I would think that a stainless cylinder would be stronger than a copper one.

and where was it from on the cylinder?

just re-read your post. you say from the throat where it joins the cylinder, is that at the top where the hot water comes out?

Last edited by a moderator:
How bad was the leak out of interest?
I couldn't see the split. water was seeping out when the water was cold, then when it was hot it started to spray a fine mist. Had isolate the cylinder as the gate valve on the supply was knackered as well. Deep joy!!!

and where was it from on the cylinder?

just re-read your post. you say from the throat where it joins the cylinder, is that at the top where the hot water comes out?
Yes that's right. It's not the fitting leaking though. Water can clearly be seen coming from the seam where the wide body narrows to form the connection.

RM stainless cylinders have a ten year guarantee as far as i know. contact your supplier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to RM Stainless Cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock