Search the forum,

Discuss Replacing sludged up rad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

1vincent

Hello.

My dad has a radiator in the living room that only outputs 75% heat as the rest is full of sludge.
I spent over 2 hours flushing it out in the garden,hitting it with a rubber mallet to move the bits inside the rad and the water was clear at the end of doing this.
Refitted the rad and put the heating on for 30 mins but the rad is just the same. The valves do work and this is the only rad in the house that has this problem.
I would like to replace the rad which is 500X1600 double/double convevtor with the same size bearing in mind i am not a plumber apart from a new rad what parts will in need and how easy will it be to match the pipework up to the new rad please.
Thank you.

hardest part for diy is removing the old tails from the rad you need a rad spanner or buy a pair of valves and just use the new tails

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replacing sludged up rad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock