Currently reading:
Removing air lock

Discuss Removing air lock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

c.gas

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi guys,

i spent litteraly hours today trying to get air locks out off gravity fed system, I started it yesterday changing 3 port valve and boiler was just banging and then go off but had to leave it as I ran out of time. Went back today and pump had burnt out so had to put a new one on. Took ages to get the air out and that was back filling with mains pressure as well.

I as just wondering if it would be worth added on a aav next time, just seen a self cutting iso valve 22mm to 15mm and then can attached aav to that.

would it make any difference?

Shouldn't have took that long mate, sounds like the cold feed could've been partially blocked, as well as bad pipe runs causing air locks
Was 3 port set for filling

Yeah mate it was open for filling. Think it's just a bad install, everything on drops and couldn't even access the f&e tank in the loft as it was behind the header tank and the loft was that small and narrow I couldn't get past it

Backfill is d way alright once there's a decent overflow off d f&e tank.
If ye have tried this tell customer they need t pressurise system

Thanks guys, would you just back fill it straight away all the time on gravity fed system or wait and see if it airlocks first

I normally fill it from the header tank, make sure the cold feed is properly teed into the vent pipe.

I used to be a BG installer so re filling systems and dealing with airlocks was a daily occurrence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Removing air lock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock