Discuss Regs for internal condensate pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

emergencyman

At present Heatsave combi in bathroom with condensate with long run outside in 3/4".

Plan is to connect internally to existing 32mm waste from basin. Bottom of boiler is slightly lower than top of basin.

If I connected under floor boards using a tee and a bung to reduce to 3/4 I could run 3/4" about 6 foot and connect here.

Concern is that might not be to regs as if pipe from sink blocked outside then when basin emptied the boiler could fill up.

Would a T then 32mm to under boiler, HEPVO valve then bung o 3/4" be to regs? Any suggestions please?

It's one of them grey areas and depends on the trap in use imho.

If the trap holds the seal all well and good, but should the trap seal fail......

Well I never knew that. It used to be the case that one had to interrupt the supply of gas. Do you have a link to an official document please?

Does it stop been part of the flue when it meets a bigger pipe? 32mm? 110mm?

if there's waste pipes in the floor connect to one of those. hepvo's are fine for waste but not sure if condense would eat the rubber bit or what would happen with backing up waste also if that was put on to stop basin waste going into the boiler then if that happened the condense cant get out so it would have the same effect ( ie boiler filling up). under floor is best, keep it inside if poss. dont worry about the basin waste backing up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Regs for internal condensate pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back