Search the forum,

Discuss Reconfiguring our heating zones and questions. in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

We currently have the ground floor wet UFH and upstairs rads running from an unvented condensing boiler. Any advice/experience on the following please:-

The 1st-floor and 2nd-floor landing will retain radiators but they will be added to the underfloor manifold as a single zone as it will benefit the heat balance of the house by them being on more often and also using the lower flow temperature of the UFH. The larger 1st floor rad has been upsized for this purpose and will be the first rad in a series connection before the tiny 2nd-floor rad before returning to the manifold. These are controlled via a Heatmiser thermostat as is the rest of the ground floor.

Q. Does this make sense for the landing config as I haven't run the pipes yet?

We don't like the bedrooms as warm so those radiators are now on a single radiator zone, each run piped individually from a single flow/return trunk, it simply wasn't possible to add another manifold for this.
I've upsized these rads so we can run them using lower flow rates and hopefully reduce our gas usage. Each has a TRV as high temprature limiter. On this basis, I have also purchased the Vaillant weather compensation controller to control this radiator zone and hot water control, hot water storage set to 50 degrees with a weekly legionnaire cycle programmed to 60 degrees on a Sunday morning before we are up.

Q. I'm not sure where to site the Vaillant controller, maybe the master bedroom, or maybe just put it in a common area and use the Vaillant smart TRV's to call the rad circuit instead.

We are beginning the refurbing of the bathrooms and intend to add some UFH to these rooms as well. We will retain the towel rads as the bathrooms are relatively small so the underfloor output won't be that high on its own, especially from heat spreader plates below chipboard compared to screed downstairs. The bathrooms will be configured using the spare zones on the manifold and only get heat when any other zone calls for it.

Q. I'm thinking of keeping the towel radiator TRV as a high temp limiter in each room, the towel rail being on the return end of the flow, is that typical?

Reply to Reconfiguring our heating zones and questions. in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock