Discuss Recip saw blades in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tommy1712

I treated myself to a recip saw today to cut a cast soil stack alternative to the angle grinder I normally cut them with, yes get to say I can see this tool getting a lot of use just need to refine my blade choice as the ones I used today took 5 to go through it (was a thick tough bugger mind) and did take longer than I wou like. But no sparks and 80year of crap splattered everywhere.

whats the best blades for cast pipes plsase

metal blades , and you sure you didnt have wood ones?

try these but pick your tpi

Bosch Reciprocating Saw Blades Metal S123XF 150mm 14Tpi Pack of 5 | Metal Blades | NoLinkingToThis

For cast would more tpi be better

you sure, cast is made out of rubbish materials so if you hit a hard spot a tooth might break

For cast would more tpi be better

^ Agree, apply medium pressure and let the saw do the work, generally cast is a soft metal but as said it can be made up of other rubbish mixed in so sometimes you will hit a hard spot.

Recip saws are great for cutting the plastic header tanks in half when they don't fit through the roof hatch on rip outs... It's like a knife through butter with a wood bit, never tried cutting cast iron tho!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Recip saw blades in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock