Discuss Recip saw blades in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tommy1712

I treated myself to a recip saw today to cut a cast soil stack alternative to the angle grinder I normally cut them with, yes get to say I can see this tool getting a lot of use just need to refine my blade choice as the ones I used today took 5 to go through it (was a thick tough bugger mind) and did take longer than I wou like. But no sparks and 80year of crap splattered everywhere.

whats the best blades for cast pipes plsase

metal blades , and you sure you didnt have wood ones?

try these but pick your tpi

Bosch Reciprocating Saw Blades Metal S123XF 150mm 14Tpi Pack of 5 | Metal Blades | NoLinkingToThis

For cast would more tpi be better

you sure, cast is made out of rubbish materials so if you hit a hard spot a tooth might break

For cast would more tpi be better

^ Agree, apply medium pressure and let the saw do the work, generally cast is a soft metal but as said it can be made up of other rubbish mixed in so sometimes you will hit a hard spot.

Recip saws are great for cutting the plastic header tanks in half when they don't fit through the roof hatch on rip outs... It's like a knife through butter with a wood bit, never tried cutting cast iron tho!

it costs too much to cut cast with good rip saw blades, they will all blunt very fast. use cheap metal disc in a grinder or a good hacksaw and blade.

I use a diamond blade in the grinder to cut cast, straight through!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Recip saw blades in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back