Currently reading:
Reccomend me a cordless good quality drill please.

Discuss Reccomend me a cordless good quality drill please. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordon T

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
As above. Its for my son (18) who is doing his apprentice plumber bit with a local company. They supplied all his hand tools apart from the power tools. As hes working with and borrowing tools from his mentors, he wants his own. With it being christmas I thought I would treat him. Any suggestions?

I personally like makita power tools, and there's offers all Over the shop for them at the minute.

option one the dady - hilti
option two the one -bosch/makita
option three budget -ryobe (do not recommend)

does he work in houses or sites ? reason im asking is things go missing alot on sites, i wouldnt be taking my expensive power tools on site

£300 should get a decent one, shouldnt it. He only goes into houses at the moment. Would like to add that I hate buying cheap tools. Buy cheap-buy twice.

Last edited:
If you are spending around £300 get the best
Hilti Online - Hilti Winter Warmers

2nd one down impact and hammer drill/driver for £289

He will be over the moon with it but make sure he keeps an eye on it as they tend to go walkabout.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally i would go for Hilti for that price, my lithium powered hilti is fantastic plenty of grunt and the charge time is around 40mins from flat-not stocked everywhere though but worth hunting around for the battery warranty alone

It all depends what he wants to do with them, I've been running bosch 14v system for many years and have always sworn by them, but this year I got my self the new Milwaukee 12v li-on drill which came with a IR thermometer, handy for heating sytems, I have since added other milwaukee tools to include the ripsaw and pipe slice, it is very rare that the bosch comes out now, but I shall be keeping the bosch till milwaukee come out with a 12v li-on grinder as I wouldn't be with out a cordless grinder!!

Definitely Hilti at that price! Its a cracking offer and thinking of one myself. Will have to watch it like a hawk. Definitely the best of the best and beats everything else hands down. Customer service is excellent. Make sure its insured.

Turn up on site with Hilti gear and it gives a good first impression with the customer and other trades.

Last edited:
That Hilti kit looks good.

I've never used an impact driver - always been standard drill drivers for me - I'll have to scrounge a go on one (although it could prove expensive!)

Thanks for the input. I have an outlet up here in Gateshead so I will go and have a looksee soon.

Milwaukee all the way, u can pitch up the 18v driver with 2 3ah batteries for £215 what a buy! Also purchased the 18v millwaukee torch aswell, very well designed tools! Small things count, they have a power battery indicator, a light that lights when you are drilling and illuminates drilling area and clips on side off drill with you can put bits for storage! Best drill i have ever owned!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Reccomend me a cordless good quality drill please. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back