Currently reading:
Rats and Mice and Plastic Pipes

Discuss Rats and Mice and Plastic Pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHPES

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I've been really busy with damage to plastic pipes caused by rats and mice this winter, so much so that I have now stopped quoting for plastic pipe in lofts, stud walls and between floors. I have had to deal with at least 20 cases and the most serious has caused thousands of pounds worth of damage.

One house the owner asked me to put some poison blocks down when I was in the loft. I put down 6 and the following week when I returned they had all gone.

Hi. Catch them live and sell them on. As the state of the trade at the moment suggests they would have a good retail value. That is if there not from an Eastern block pedigree as they could be harder to shift.

I now set mouse traps with a piece of 15mm hep instead of cheese, joking aside I use unipipe by uponor that is an alu pex pipe which has an aluminuim layer and have yet to see a piece chewed through by vermin.

I have developed a first class mouse trap and manage to catch most male mice that are about thus stopping any further breeding
Basically you poor whisky over the plastic pipes or cables, then you rig up a electrified trap, central in location with a really ugly,grotty,scrufy female mouse in the middle
What happens is the male mice start to chew the plastic and get really drunk, which has the result of making the grotty, ugly, female mouse in the middle of the dance floor, sorry, I mean trap really attractive and disirable.suddenly they find themselves being pulled uncontrollable towards her and Zap,my pie tray over flowath

I have developed a first class mouse trap and manage to catch most male mice that are about thus stopping any further breeding
Basically you poor whisky over the plastic pipes or cables, then you rig up a electrified trap, central in location with a really ugly,grotty,scrufy female mouse in the middle
What happens is the male mice start to chew the plastic and get really drunk, which has the result of making the grotty, ugly, female mouse in the middle of the dance floor, sorry, I mean trap really attractive and disirable.suddenly they find themselves being pulled uncontrollable towards her and Zap,my pie tray over flowath

or you could get a jack Russell,mines a pretty effective killing macine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rats and Mice and Plastic Pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock