Search the forum,

Discuss Radiators Permantly on in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Guys

I could do with some help here. I have tried search but no found an answer. We have just had a new boiler fitted which is a Vailliant Eco TEC Sustain, along with a Neomitis Thermostat. The tempreture on the theremostate is set to 20C the thermostat is dsiplaying the room tempreture as 23.5C. Therefore the radiators should be turned off. Yet they are on through out the house and its like a sauna. I have turned all the thermostatic valaves off but. it would appear that the boiler is overiding the Thermostat and the heating is permanantly on

Can anyone tell me how to switch this function off especially with todays Gas prices

Attachments

• AFB6109F-D4E3-432F-AC86-C7DB223BDCB0.jpeg
    AFB6109F-D4E3-432F-AC86-C7DB223BDCB0.jpeg
    461.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 8C2E9CBE-9C43-4377-956F-E92DC96FFB44.jpeg
    8C2E9CBE-9C43-4377-956F-E92DC96FFB44.jpeg
    321.3 KB · Views: 14
Make sure you leave at least 1 rad fully open in the room the thermostat is in.

If it looks like your thermostat is saying it is hotter than the desired temperature and the boiler is still on, then you likely have it wired wrong or the stat is broken. I've never heard of your stat but a quick google shows 3/5 star rating for it which sounds like a good start (not saying it is the stat that's broken but it certainly doesn't help the fault finding)

Your plumber should come sort that. For now just turn the temperature down on the boiler. I don't know Vaillant's very well but it looks like from the picture it will be the top right button followed by the - until its at its minimum

Reply to Radiators Permantly on in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock