Currently reading:
Quick and easy wireless controls for vaillant ecotec plus 418 system boiler.

Discuss Quick and easy wireless controls for vaillant ecotec plus 418 system boiler. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shudzeye

Hi,

I recently removed and old comet pump, and ta/m4 3 port valve from a system..it involved a re plumb of cylinder area, and re wire a new wiring centre.

The current wired room stat is in the lounge pretty much the centre of the house, so am looking to relocate a new one to the hallway, but would like this to be wireless fir obvious reasons.

its a brand new ecotec 418, with an old potterton programmer next to the boiler.

Does anyone know of any control packs (programmer, wireless stat, and cylinder stat), that are easy to install. My idea is to move the programmer up to the cylinder cupboard near the wiring centre and re wire from scratch.

am I right in thinking all I would need from boiler to cylinder cupboard is l/n/e and a sw/l for pump?

its a new grunfoss pump, and Drayton 3 port mid position valve I've put in..

thanks

steve

If you are rewiring from scratch why not consider vaillants own range of controls. Wireless stat vrc470, plugs straight into boiler fascia and you are likely to need the vr65 or vr66 wiring centre to tie in the 240v stuff such as cylinder stat and diverter. They do offer a neat and easy solution.....

So from fused spur you need e l n and then s/l to jacky. I would use Honeywell cylinder stat. Drayton programmer and Siemens rf stat programmer. Wire as a standard y plan. Then replace the stat with the programmer stat. Set ch to permanently on at the programmer and use the programmer on the rf stat to control ch time and temp. It's a lot easier than single channel programmer and rf stat for novice. Means you can actually control your ch remotely. Hate rf stats as they are pointless, you can only control temperature but if the timer is off you need to go to the programmer.

The level of sophistication within the Vaillant rf stat actually allows you not to need a separate programmer. So no no need to cycle between the too. It will also tell you what the boiler is doing. It will allow you do do the programmers job with the stat. Siemens stats are cheap screwfix amateur tut for technophobes. Read the PDFs for the VCR and you will find out what it can do. If you prefer wired comfort it's also available.

Valliant controls are made by Siemens for valliant? But agree that the rdj and rdh are cheap but they are simple to use and set up. The valliant controls are over complicated for the normal domestic user.

There are base stations which have a single ch for DHW tho. Think he may also need an extra pair of wires upto the cylinder from memory!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Quick and easy wireless controls for vaillant ecotec plus 418 system boiler. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock