Discuss Qualified Gas Engineers needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Helen BG

Hi everyone, I work for the recruitment team at British Gas, and would like to hear from anyone who would consider working as a permanent domestic Gas Engineer. We are recruiting in various areas of the country, but especially have urgent requirements in the following areas:
Grimsby
Leamington
Stratford
Warwick
Birmingham
Solihull
Gloucester
Worcester
Kidderminster
Northampton
Coventry

We offer fantastic job security, benefits and career progression, and are looking for people who hold full ACS as well as City & Guilds / NVQ or equivalent. I am happy to speak to anyone who is genuinely interested! Please reply or send a private message.
Many thanks
Helen

So is the change in direction a direct result to rumours going round the industry that all new builds after 2016 will not be allowed to have gas supplies, not sure if you can help with a clarification on that

Isnt it actually that 'new build' have to be carbon neutral by 2016 and fully electric by 2020.

Fully electric? Where did you see that?

New build to be all electric, no gas. Government pledge for building regs for 2020. Confirmed at a seminar this month run by Worcester Bosch. Remember new build only so still lots of existing gas boilers there for us guys.

New build to be all electric, no gas. Government pledge for building regs for 2020. Confirmed at a seminar this month run by Worcester Bosch. Remember new build only so still lots of existing gas boilers there for us guys.

Retrofitting gas into all the new builds. Back to the 70's :lol:

I havent read the whole thread just the initial page.

FWIW here are my views...

I left school and trained with the then mighty British Gas corporation before it was flogged off.

It was the best training available and a great company to be part of.

By the time i left, i had had enough.

I was flogged to death by their half witted and poorly contrived bonus schemes.

There was insufficient time to fault find and do repairs first time on appliance/combi faults

Servicing had been reduced to waggling a flue sampler in the flue outlet

There was no recognition of technical ability and people just got jobs/were promoted simply because they were the bosses favourite or had been there longer.

Whilst i flogged my tripe out fitting traditional heating systems,others were allowed to skive the day away and get paid more than me.

Ask yourself this Helen,why is it you need to recruit? Answer..because there is such a high turnover of engineers that you need to keep replacing them. What you need to do is tell your managers that they need to recruit the best,give them room to breathe and practice their skills to provide excellent customer service and show them some respect instead of just viewing them as untrustworthy two legged tool bags.

By the way, oyu used the term Engineer. Do you mean that in its broadest sense or are you seeking those with the necessary qualifications and experience as to be registered with the Engineering Council or via an industry body such as IGEM?

Ditto..........:yesnod:

If, as has been said, all new builds are to be electric only by 2020, unless the technology takes a huge leap or they make electric cheaper than gas there will be a big demand to fit gas to these houses. Houses in the 70's and early 80's were built with no gas heating. Within months of people moving in they were having gas installed.
I can't ever see the government banning having a gas supply so people will have it installed after they move in.

Hi Helen

is there any jobs still going in the Gloucester area i live in bristol and work for carillion installing 2/3 heating systems/boilers a week with in the south west been working for them for about a year without any sick days or time off though illness.
please could you let me know either way
many thanks
darrenbea

Hi Helen

is there any jobs still going in the Gloucester area i live in bristol and work for carillion installing 2/3 heating systems/boilers a week with in the south west been working for them for about a year without any sick days or time off though illness.
please could you let me know either way
many thanks
darrenbea

Why would you leave Carillion to join BG ?

Not recruiting at the moment and I have it on good authority that this will only be reviewed after the winter. Just let all their contractors go so don't hold your breath.

Hi Helen
I have just passed my gas exams and now seeking full time employment to further my career in gas. I live in South East London. Do you know if you have any vacancies in this area. Would love to work for a big company. I am willing to work as a mate to gain more experience.
Thanks
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Qualified Gas Engineers needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back