Discuss PRV Termination in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

raffuk

On a condensing boiler is there anything wrong with terminating the copper prv pipe into plastic soil pipe. Both Condensing pipe and PRV have been terminated at nearby soil pipe.

you have to visually see if the prv is passing as dancinplumba said

Thanks guys. If it did blow out, does it blow at a temperature that could melt part of the plastic soil pipe? Is it worth calling back the plumber to correct it, installation was done 3 weeks ago

It could pass through a visible tundish on the inside if no other option maybe

Thanks guys. If it did blow out, does it blow at a temperature that could melt part of the plastic soil pipe? Is it worth calling back the plumber to correct it, installation was done 3 weeks ago
as eco says but requires a trap after tundish. do you have any pictures you can upload, carnt understand why your "plumber" has done this ?

would be best to put a tundish and hepvo valve in and use push fit not solvent waste.

would be best to put a tundish and hepvo valve in and use push fit not solvent waste.

im not doubting what you are saying, but why cant you use solvent for blow off, it is designed for use as sink wastes and quite often boiling water gets put down there

You can't use ABS solvent weld for high temperature blow offs, I know Osma's push fit range is suitable for high temperatures. Any waste pipe/fittings taking high temperatures must comply to BS 5254 or BS EN 1451 also it must be clipped at maximum 300mm apart!

if PRV terminates in a soil stack woulnt it be NCS, i was told soil stacks coulnt hold that temp? sorry if Dumb question

im not doubting what you are saying, but why cant you use solvent for blow off, it is designed for use as sink wastes and quite often boiling water gets put down there

i know what your saying Kirk, im just going on whats required for unvented discharges and thinks its advisable to stick to these rules for any prv. Building control requires you to use a waste system that can withstand a constant temp above 100*c, most solvent weld systems are not rated at above this temp.

if PRV terminates in a soil stack woulnt it be NCS, i was told soil stacks coulnt hold that temp? sorry if Dumb question

NCS is relevant to gas regs/fittings so would a incorrectly installed discharge pipe be a gas related issue? as its not part of the gas regs but possibly under the building regs.

As mentioned, if the Manufacturer confirms a tundish set up may be used, you then have to confirm the drainage set-up is capable of withstanding the temperatures of the discharge as the Standards state the PRV discharge should be metallic pipe.

My first course of action would be to enquire as to wither a remote PRV can be put in anywhere discharging to outside as per standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to PRV Termination in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back