Discuss Pressurised system - plastic or copper in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Roastbeef

Hi. I'm doing a renovation project and was thinking of installing a pressurised system. I was wondering whether it was possible to use plastic pipe work with this type of system. If not, could I use copper with compression joints? I'm looking to get a plumber to install the tank and boiler but I need to plumb in the hot water, feed to underfloor heating manifold and a few radiators.

Cheers.

Hi. I'm doing a renovation project and was thinking of installing a pressurised system. I was wondering whether it was possible to use plastic pipe work with this type of system. If not, could I use copper with compression joints? I'm looking to get a plumber to install the tank and boiler but I need to plumb in the hot water, feed to underfloor heating manifold and a few radiators.

Cheers.

welcome to the forum , you can use plastic pipe work just make sure it comply with british standard !
good luck with the adventure of doing it your self !
let us know how it goes

Just a heads-up: You may well be competent at what you intend to do but when you contact a plumber and explain you've installed your own system and just need a boiler and tank added you'll most likely get quotes which allow for lots of potential extra hassle from problems caused by a lacking installation, whether justified or not. If you're doing it for fun or for experience then why not, but if you're doing it to save money it might not work out all that much cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pressurised system - plastic or copper in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock