Discuss Powerflush micro bore in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tommy1712

Hi I am new to power flushing. Do i attack a micro bore system the same as a normal 22-15mm system? Is there any tips or tricks that the experienced can give me

I don't do much Powerflushing & tbh I think it is better to do it the hard way & empty the system & remove rads & flush each empty rad outside with a garden hose. Pipes can be easily flushed using mains carefully in one end of a rad valve & other drain hose out the other valve.
Problem is not the microbore but manifolds. They are near impossible to do much with & might be as good just to let each rad valve run into a hose to ensure no blockage.

Some powerflush machines even have do not use on micro bore labelled on them.

I would never do it on micro bore and I very rarely suggest it even on 15/22mm. I agree the old way taking the rads outside and flushing them with the house and picking them up and shaking them cleans systems better. Works a treat every time I do it for customers anyway

I have recently bought a magna cleanse unit, i cant see why it wouldnt work , anybody help me and tommy with any advise , thank you

We powerflush most systems. Not too many microbore, but we use the Magnacleanse which reduces the time. Taking the rads off is best in my opinion.

Last edited:
Might not be as helpful as I have never done a power flush,
But find I get brilliant results by adding cleaner 1/2weeks before
Then flushing the system with mains pressure, never had a problem on micro bore this way
So I can't see you having to much trouble if you where to add cleaner a week or two before flush

If you've just bought a magnacleanse, they asked me to email them a copy of the invoice then sent me a bag out, excellent bag for all the hoses & bits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Powerflush micro bore in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back