Search the forum,

Discuss Potterton Puma 80 fan replacement- reconditioned part is ok? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yasmina

Hi..

I have a Potterton Puma 80e. The fan assembly is knackered, as it produces a horrible noise when the boiler is turned on. This has been confirmed by a plumber who opened up the combi boiler who has told me the bearings are worn out.

I've had a look on the internet for replacement fan assemblies and basically have found that there are loads of sites that sell cheap-ish reconditioned units for about £50 and other sites that sell what they describe as new for about £150. That's a big price difference.

I imagine that I will have to buy the gaskets as well.

Could anyone with experience with potterton puma's tell me if they would trust a reconditioned puma 80e fan?

Thanks for all the help.

Yasmina.

No and you shouldnt be playing inside a gas appliance, its illegal and highly dangerous. I take it your plumber is not gas safe either, or did you just use him for a free diagnosis?

No and you shouldnt be playing inside a gas appliance, its illegal and highly dangerous. I take it your plumber is not gas safe either, or did you just use him for a free diagnosis?

Thank you for your very kind post........ Do you think I am that stupid?

Not recommended that you fit so called recon parts may not be same spec as original and could invalidate any house insurance if any thing happens, better to buy from proper spares outlet its probably only around £150 and it will have a warranty, try returning something to eBay after 3mths when it go's wrong

Last edited:
Why don't you just get you gas safe guy to supply and fit? Saves all the hassle.

Well obviously it's a big price difference... One is a brand new manufacturers part with gaskets & any jointing seals / instructions & one is an old fan that has been in a boiler 20 years already, cleaned up & sold to you with 3 months warranty & probably have to re-use seals... You get what you pay for sometimes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton Puma 80 fan replacement- reconditioned part is ok? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock