Search the forum,

Discuss Plumbing Cost Bad Deal or not? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Lui

Hello,
I've just had my sink unclogged and my tap heads replaced and the total cost of this was £152 for the whole thing.
I would like to know if this is the normal price or if I've made a bad deal.

Keep a good plumber closer than your significant other :)

Cost is not everything i'd rather pay a little more and know the jobs been done right.

pays off in the long run

Hello, I've just had my sink unclogged and my tap heads replaced and the total cost of this was £152 for the whole thing. I would like to know if this is the normal price or if I've made a bad deal.

Both those jobs are very straightforward to the point of being 'easy DIY'. (I assume that by 'tap head' you mean just the handles on the taps.) So, getting a qualified plumber to do them for you is always going to seem relatively expensive.

There is no 'right price' for very small jobs. It's a match-making process. You need to find someone willing and able to come and do the job for what you are willing to pay. If you are willing to pay well you'll find someone quickly and easily. If you are penny-pinching you won't.

How long did the plumber take to do the both jobs?
Did he have to travel far to get to your home?
What wage (after costs) do you reckon a plumber should earn per week? (Just out of curiosity)

Not a big charge, really. If you come out for a blockage and you give a fixed price beforehand you never know how long and awkward it will be. It can be a 10min or 3 hours job. The end of the day he fixed both which you could not sort yourself. So he did earn an honest wage.

And did he have to move everything out of the cupboard under the sink? Including the 73 old plastic bags usually stuffed right down the back that you can never get to go back in afterwards. o_O

It depends on where you live and how long it took. If you lived round me and it took an hour then it may be expensive but not too bad.

If it took 2 hours then about right anything over that cheap.

But it mainly depends on area.

Reply to Plumbing Cost Bad Deal or not? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock