Currently reading:
Plumber who wants to become Gas Safe

Discuss Plumber who wants to become Gas Safe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI

I have been a plumber for the last 2 years and really enjoying it however I would really like to study for my gas qualifications and go on the Gas safe register. However I do not know where to start, there are plenty of companies keen to take my money but I really want to do a course where I can still carry on my plumbing but study part time. I could also take weeks off to do the Gas practical qualification and exams.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I live in Bath so anywhere close would be useful.

Also this is a second career for me as I am in my 40's

Any help would be useful

Happy New Year

Paul

26 weeks full time lol,how do they do there portfolio in college ???taking old one out and putting new one in (boiler and parts)???/
can you give us more info as it is very interesting to me about the portfolio,and the theory 16 weeks???lol

and who can afford to do 26 weeks training,i mean what age are the people doing it ??

and how is it possible to people who are not cat 2 to do gas ?

kirkgas please tell us more !!!

regards stan

they dont do their portfolio in college or training centre, as i said they do 10 weeks on placement with a gas contractor, building up their portfolio during the 26 weeks, cooker installs are the only thing done in the training centre as a lot of contractors dont fit cookers,
age of candidates rangre from early 20's to late 50's, some pay privately, and some are funded by the DWP, a lot of them do a 2nd job to assist their income, not sure how they can do the course but it is run by bpec and fully authenticated, what else do you want to know, not knocking you personally, but to cover all gas foundation in 3 weeks doesnt leave a lot of time to go through things, i would love to sit in on a couple of classes, what sort of workshop time do you do in the 3 weeks

if i remember correct it was 1/3 in work shop 2/3 in class !!!!

training center called able skills ,you can google it ,what is the name of your college?

it took me 1 year to do my portfolio ,and become fully confident to go back for assessment i took my time,cos i wanted when get reg with gas safe to be confident to work on my own !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumber who wants to become Gas Safe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock