Currently reading:
Plastic pipe verus copper pipe

Discuss Plastic pipe verus copper pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mark_mc

I used to be a copper only plumber and still use a lot of copper. but on some jobs i have used plastic pipe and plastic fittings never under concrete floors or anywhere like that.

but plastic pipe is handy and to tell the truth takes a pipe from A-B and then to C just as good as any type of pipe.

and in the current climate where copper is so expensive and our customers have less cash we have to go with plastic.

me personally I will be using plastic pipe more than ever will still do all exposed work in copper but where it is not to be seen again i think plastic is the way to go.

plastic with compression is a better job and where its under floors i tend to use compression with pfte round the olive.

like anything it has to be tested hep20 recommend testing to 16bar and i think this is where the bad press is no-one tests to this pressure and expect all to be ok. at 10 bar you start to hear the fitting click and the teeth take hold, so if untested with heat on and off and pipe expanding and contracting without a test off course over time the fittng may fail

any other views on plastic pipe in are trade.

Today, most homes have copper pipe plumbing systems for water distribution. Copper pipe is easier to work with than other metals like lead and iron, and it's relatively non-toxic. The availability and water-resistant properties of copper have made it the first choice for most homebuilders for the past century. But as new materials are developed and the price of copper increases, copper piping is no longer the first choice for plumbing systems.

Lead and Iron in domestic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what century are you from?????????????

It sounded lifted to me. So I put the first line into google and it's a paragraph posted all over the place. Possibly to increase traffic to poster's linked website.

NOT:censored: SPAM SURELYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :ban:

Last edited:
have you considered <a data-cke-saved-href="http://www.johnddunlop.com/" href="http://www.johnddunlop.com/">gunmetal piping</a>?&nbsp;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plastic pipe verus copper pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock