Discuss Passable work or bodge job!? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Maybe solder ring was the norm in the past and they do have their uses. But these days they tend to be used more by DIYers.
Yah! I've made it to the hallowed ranks of a DIYer ... Even on my last job, multi-UVCs in 28mm etc I used solder ring. Only place I ever used end feed was where look was 'all'. Just never felt comfortable with 'em. However, I did stay away from crap ones ;)

How come you never felt compfortable with EF ?

When I first started using them I found you had to clean the hell out of 'em. I just had far more leaks than with solder ring. In the end, you kind of build up this 'thing' in your head that convinces you you're better off elsewhere. The human mind is a very powerful tool - just not in my hands :rolleyes:

Having a continual flow of 'low cost' by proper Yorkshire fittings never influenced me one iota ;)

Reply to Passable work or bodge job!? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi what's the best advice in dealing with a leak in a customers house? 1. Stripped out bathroom suite, installed 1st fix shower pipes in stud...
Replies
Views
A number of issues have been raised from a boiler replacement. Boiler not operating and with no pressure. Tile damage Sprawling pipe layout in...
Replies
Views
K
Hi, I'm new, I've got a plumber doing some renovations for me and I'm not sure whether what he's doing is correct/appropriate. It's a 1930s end...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone. This is my first post on here so please excuse if I'm not au fait with the procedure - I'm not even sure if I'm posting in the...
Replies
Views
:( So, the lad I've got through his NVQ 2 and has had his own van for a year or so now. Got back from my electrical assessment today and walked...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock