Search the forum,

Discuss out of order? with helding payment. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

TFGplumbing

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
We completed work for a customer last month below is a summarised list of completed works. Bathroom had to be completed in 4 days.
They also wanted us to refit a wonky bidet in their home, I said we would priortise the bathroom as the time scale was shortish(holiday let). We didnt have time for the bidet so rebooked it for this month; we agreed to this scenario prior.

To fit gas fire
To refit a bathroom

now they are withhelding payment for completed works, until we go back to do the bidet, it feels like blackmail and it leaves a bitter taste as we put alot of effort in make sure everything was right. all invoiced work is payable within 7 days as per my terms.

what you guys think? final sum is not a fortune but four figures.

Last edited:
What work was to be completed in the contract re you had?

unless your invoice covers payment for the outstanding works then they have no right. what terms were in your original quotation?

unless your invoice covers payment for the outstanding works then they have no right. what terms were in your original quotation?

No it doesnt they have been invoiced for works carried out and completed to date. I dont invoice for things not completed.

Last edited:
Are you invoicing the full amount, or full amount less the cost of the bidet work?

I have a customer who owes some money, just removed them from my list altogether today, also told them to cough up for my builder who installed a tank base and piers 2 months back. Mentioned that if they dont, the extension, windows installed etc etc that they havent mentioned to planning or BRegs might get aired next week if my and his monies dont arrive :). Moral dont b**** a b****ter who has something on you :)

It doesn't matter a fuc what terms you put on the invoice. You won't be paid until it suits them. They are using it as a stick to make sure you go back for the bidet. Go legal and it won't be any quicker.
C'est la vie

When you go back to fit the bidet phone them from site and say you will remove your property unless payment is made in full within 1 hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to out of order? with helding payment. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock