Search the forum,

Discuss One for the commerical boys ... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CMairiD

Saw my first commercial LGSR today ... five cascaded 65kW NG MHS Ultramax WM65 boilers. This is the only point of gas usage in the building and the building itself is three floors.

One of the tick boxes on the form asks: is there a current line diagram for the installation? The box is ticked as no. I'm trying to understand whether whether the line diagram is required.

I'm aware of the need for line diagrams with regards to primary and secondary meters, but there is no secondary meter in situ.

Flicking through GSIUR 1998 I can see in reg 24 a reference to large consumers and line diagrams. Given the info above, is a line diagram required in this situation?

Thanks in advance!

I'm lead to believe the line diagram is supose to be at the gas meter and is for the benefit of the firebrigade/gas operatives. Without checking bumff (paperwork) it's in regards pipe up to a certain diameter ... the commercial day in day commercial guys will telll you... LOL

You'll be very lucky to get a line drawing. Lol

I've written so many warnings for this I could prob do one in my sleep

You have to have a drawing for an installation that has pipework exceeding 50mm. Or 2"

New installs you'll be fine. Old ones.... Good luck :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'll be very lucky to get a line drawing. Lol

I've written so many warnings for this I could prob do one in my sleep

You have to have a drawing for an installation that has pipework exceeding 50mm. Or 2"

New installs you'll be fine. Old ones.... Good luck :D

It is a new build! The site is being done in phases over two years. The first phase was built in year one and it includes the communal area with the communal boilers. Whilst the builders are still on site with phase two, phase one has been handed over and has been tenanted for the last year.

Since it is new build, was trying to understand whether the diagrams are required. Had to laugh when I got a missing earth bonding form along with the certs.

You will require a line diagram.In Commercial properties I always look for slam shut by the door, line diagram inside the boiler room and one located with the building caretaker or equivalent.I usually only find the slam shut.In all fairness though, line diagrams are a piece of ****, 1st year apprentice stuff.How about you draw them one up, laminate it then charge them?

You will require a line diagram.In Commercial properties I always look for slam shut by the door, line diagram inside the boiler room and one located with the building caretaker or equivalent.I usually only find the slam shut.In all fairness though, line diagrams are a piece of ****, 1st year apprentice stuff.How about you draw them one up, laminate it then charge them?

What do you mean slam shut???

What do you mean slam shut???Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Red button linked to the gas solenoid valve found as soon as you walk into a boiler on the right or left. Smash the button, gas is cut to the boilers.Can be linked in with an older style fusible link or a heat sensor above boilers.The actual name of this bloody button has totally gone out my head though :-/

Emergency stop? Drop valve? Can't think of be thing else Lol

I thought u was on about LPG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to One for the commerical boys ... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock