Discuss Old Worcester Heatslave ACL Valve. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonG

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
In the past I have just ordered the replacement Drayton valve when the old ACL bites the dust. Phoned HWOS this morning for one and was told it's been discontinued by worcester and no longer available.

Couple of us have had our heads together and going to replace it with a honeywell valve. Won't be easy as the nuts and olives will have to be cut off and pipes shortened. Oh joy.

Oh dear, you going to replacxe it with a V4044?

A quick search reveals acl still produce a 3 port diverter valve, or three to be specific

22mm 3 Port diverter valve – no switch ZA3/679-3 27102
or
22mm 3 Port diverter valve – 5 wire SPST switch ZA5/679-3 27111
or
28mm 3 Port diverter valve – no switch ZA3/779-3 27207

Aye the three wire, normally open fitted back to front, if that makes sense.

Different connections Roger. Unless the MI to copper unscrews out of the valve, hard to see from the picture.

Couple of us have had our heads together and going to replace it with a honeywell valve. Won't be easy as the nuts and olives will have to be cut off and pipes shortened
Doesnt help but Id be interested to hear how you get on

Bit of a pain then, I suppose you could remake the sections of copper to the store /pump/heating flow though the bit to the store is very tight.

I was considering moving the valve altogether into the top of the boiler and just adapt the pipework.

possibly easier, though I guess you would have to watch the ambient temps arent too high up above the hex

The pipes are 22mm Roger. The threads on the existing valve are a fine 3/4" internal. Same idea as the 1" Honeywells and draytons that are still made like this one
ACL DRAYTON 28MM 3 PORT VALVE BODY 779-3 | eBay
Simon , you'll find if you cut the pipes just under the olives they are the right size to pop on a std compression valve. Can you not just swap the motor (assuming the valve isn't passing). Just a std synchron.

The pipes are 22mm Roger. The threads on the existing valve are a fine 3/4" internal. Same idea as the 1" Honeywells and draytons that are still made like this one
ACL DRAYTON 28MM 3 PORT VALVE BODY 779-3 | eBay
Simon , you'll find if you cut the pipes just under the olives they are the right size to pop on a std compression valve. Can you not just swap the motor (assuming the valve isn't passing). Just a std synchron.

All the gearing was shot.

Priced to change the boiler 18 months ago, repriced before Christmas to do in January, Christmas eve gets a call to say it was plying up. Went out and prised the head off and left a little spanner. Then gets call that she's being made redundant can you fix the boiler as they can't afford to change it now.

Bloody recession!
I had a swap for next week ring and cancel earlier tonight. Profile needs a fan. Popped in on thursday night on the way home. Managed to free the fan and get it running again and talked him into a shiny new 415 (vaillant). Now he just wants a new fan! Better than a kick in the nuts and if i'm honest, his profile will probably last another 10 years.
C'est la vie :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Old Worcester Heatslave ACL Valve. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock