Search the forum,

Discuss odd jobs to build confidence in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi guys,

Seeing as i'm still in the army and working full time i have delayed looking to gain experience with a plumber in my free time as I could be told short notice i'm working weekends etc and don't want to let anyone down.

What I was thinking i could do was do small jobs in the evenings and weekends when I know I am free.

Can anyone suggest the best way of going about advertising this. I have enough tools and i'm competent enough to do minor jobs without supervision.

Any suggestions/tips would be appreciated thanks.

Armyash - I am in a similar position, and still at college finishing my plumbing certificate, so I dont have many free days, and my experience is low.

I have just got a batch of cards made up, which I am giving out to friends, family, neighbours, etc.
I always think word of mouth is vital, and hopefully will pick up more and more jobs as my reputation builds.
The cards have cost around £12 for 250, so it isnt a fortune to potentially waste on advertising.

Bud.

Hey PlumbingBud

As i'm in full time work there is no urgency for me to be making any money from plumbing at the minute. Getting the experience is more important to me but i'm not left with much time to do that.

I also got myself some cards made up but rather than use them to look for work i am going to include them with my CV and letter to companies when I write to them looking for experience.

Hopefully work will start to build up for you mate good luck. Keep updating this site and let us know how you get on :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to odd jobs to build confidence in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock