Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Not Service Listed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gm4pgv

My combi boiler is a Syme and is around 2 years old, I had it under a maintenace agreement with the AA but decided to go back to Scottish Gas. I called them out yesterday for the hot water/ heating not coming on, the engineer said that this boiler was not "Service listed" and he cancelled my agreement! Only last month another Scottish Gas engineer came and did the original inspection and everything seemed to pass muster.
Was this engineer correct in cancelling my maintenace agreement?

As far as I know Scottish gas service Sime boilers, horrible as they are. I would call them to double check, maybe he just didnt fancy doing it.

I do work for Scottish Gas and all they tell us is if the boiler is not too old and its in fair condition, parts are still availlable, then NO PROBLEM, he,s been an IDIOT becouse he Dosnt no much about them,
We are not given a list that says DONT ACCEPT THESE BOILERS..dose it have a GC number on the badge, dose it have a data badge with serial details on it??

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for that Brendan, I rang up Scotish Gas to register my complaint but all they said was it was entirely at the engineers discrection whether or not to accept the boiler for service, thing is I am now so miffed with Scottish Gas I want nothing more to do with them and have cancelled all agreements I had with them including plumbing, drains and electrics and am going back with the AA.

I don't know what the cover is like with aa, but whatever you do if you have problem with the boiler do not let anyone but the aa touch it un any way. Apart from servicing. If you or someone removes the case your cover is void.

AA is a good cover, can't go far wrong, but it's right with SG, it's up to the engineer, if you get an engineer who isn't clued up on that model they panic and fail them.Good luck mate.Bren.

Interesting that BG are putting their reputation in the hands of their engineers .. :rofl:

I very much doubt that they will ever do so personally, as that will leave such a massive business open to so many litigations! I can assure you that they have their discrepancies regards accepting appliances on contract. Check out the terms and conditions of their contract http://www.britishgas.co.uk/content...ments/HomeCare_Range_Terms_and_Conditions.pdf

I'm ex BG by-the-way .. spent 25yrs knowing what they offer :) Personally it sounds like you have had an engineer unfamiliar with your appliance and has decided to reject it because of HIS/HER own prejudices. :)

Interesting that BG are putting their reputation in the hands of their engineers ..

Who said anything about BG??? sorry pal, think you,v miss read, or some edditing as gone on that i cant see,...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Not Service Listed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock