Discuss non paying customers ! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doubt it, but would be typical of this country that you could be classed as harassing somebody whilst chasing your hard earned coin.

Info is stored and shared. Unofficial customer blacklist.

Doubt it, but would be typical of this country that you could be classed as harassing somebody whilst chasing your hard earned coin.

Info is stored and shared. Unofficial customer blacklist.

It's a pity you can't credit check them before starting work and buying materials, because it's a huge wodge of cash if they don't pay up, but guess you'd have little to no business doing that ... but look into factoring companies for bigger jobs, or where you think they may be a problem payer, but you have to offset that against their charges.

Should add, just had our en-suites redone (plumber finished today) and I'll be transferring the cash as soon as I get his final invoice in, some of us pay our debts on time, and I've been self employed before and know how much a non-paying customer can hurt.

I would call it accidental humiliation. :)
Getting someone to post it for you, but they made a mistake and posted in wrong door. Or 'accidently' calling at the customers door when they have visitors.
Am sure we all have at some time been spoken to about an unpaid account at a merchants in front of other customers. It happens.

Would it help if you could receive card payments instantly without needing a chip and pin machine? Thinking of an idea for no monthly fee etc...

Do you take bank transfers on the spot? Does that work well? Maybe a card machine is not necessary then?

It only makes sense if bank transfers are an issue to be honest.

Just thought an easier way might be an instant invoice. You create instant invoice via your phone and then when customer pays by credit/debit card on their phone, you get an immediate confirmation.

As everything on mobile and you get immediate feedback, you can ask them to do it while waiting. So could be easier than bank transfer as most people regularly pay for stuff by card on mobile now.

But if bank transfer not an issue probably doesn't make sense!

It only makes sense if bank transfers are an issue to be honest.

Just thought an easier way might be an instant invoice. You create instant invoice via your phone and then when customer pays by credit/debit card on their phone, you get an immediate confirmation.

As everything on mobile and you get immediate feedback, you can ask them to do it while waiting. So could be easier than bank transfer as most people regularly pay for stuff by card on mobile now.

But if bank transfer not an issue probably doesn't make sense!
I have something that does that already mate. But thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to non paying customers ! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock