Discuss No pressure & advice needed please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Friends

Just been to a house where a jam roll fitted a new bathroom with shower, tiling, the whole caboodle.

So, the custard reports no water pressure to shower, basin & bath taps (hot only), cold is good and all fed from mains.

So, looked in airing cupboard in bathroom, pump located above hwsc on shelf. Elec cable goes to rear of cupboard and after trying to climb up to look. (I'm only small) I see it plugged into an extension socket. Also, the pump doesn't come on when shower hot opened!!

So, it's a gravity fed system, the hwsc sits on the airing cupboard floor, pump sits just above on 1st shelf.

Firstly, should pump be in a fused spur?

Secondly, I take it that I can link shower plus bath & basin hot to pump without problems?

Water downstairs all ok.

Cheers

Rct

Plug is reasonably hard to reach sounds ok. Wtf is a plug doing in airing cupboard tho ? Rcd 30ma? Headder is fine in current loc . Is it a neg head pump or a standard twin impeller?

Cold and hot need to be with in 10% for shower so it's going to need a bigger cws with cold feed to cold side of pump ?

It's a standard twin pump.

Yep, with a plug and plugged into an extension lead! No idea where it can be isolated from.

The jam roll got paid. I asked if he was cheap and was told no!

I won't be cheap either but right money!

Just reading about these salamander pumps.

They come fitted with a plug.

I take it then that I need to get a plug socket fitted in the airing cupboard to if it in?

I've never seen this but the airing cupboard is in the bathroom.

Any ideas?

Yeah, there are 2. One that powers the ch timer and another one for the immersion heater.

Electrics are my weak weak spot.

Can I wire it into one of these? I can do electrics but my knowledge is low

Yeah, there are 2. One that powers the ch timer and another one for the immersion heater.

Electrics are my weak weak spot.

Can I wire it into one of these? I can do electrics but my knowledge is low

Most likely not. The central heating fuse will very likely blow when the pump turns on. If you increase the fuse size will the existing cables/boiler be suitably protected?

Most pumps draw less than 3A of current so a dedicated fused spur just for the pump should do the job nicely.

Nothing wrong with running what is on the current CH fused spur off another fused spur right next to it. I.E put the original CH fused spur on a 13A fuse, connect new CH fused spur in with the same fuse as before right next to it. Then wire pump into the new 13A fused spur. That's a straightforward and safe way to solve the problem. Might save you needing to get a spark in if you are happy doing that yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to No pressure & advice needed please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock