Currently reading:
New combi boiler

Discuss New combi boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thegoodguy

Hi,

I have a Glow-worm 30CXI combi condensing boiler that has come to the end of it's life. It's heavily corroded, leaking and needs replacing. It's sooner than I had hoped (the boiler is 12 years old), but hey.

I'd like to canvas opinion out as which boiler I should go for.

I have a three bedroom house with an extension. One shower, two basins, one kitchen sink and a central heating system with seven radiators.

Many thanks in advance.

I'd go for the Platinum personally. Not the quietest of boilers but as good a warranty as you'll get anywhere, very reliable & very good value.
Vaillant & Worcester both good but overpriced, very overpriced in Worcester's case.

HI,

Thanks jtsplumbing for your advice on flow rate. I'm happy with the flow rate of my existing 30CXI, so campared the flow rates of the contenders to this

Thanks, Ray, for the link to the survey. It was helpful. The location of the survey seems to changed. This is the latest link: Findings from the National domestic gas boiler survey 2017 / Trade Only Plumbing | Trade Only Plumbing & Heating Supplies

From all the advice above, I narrowed my choices to the following:

Vaillant ecoTEC pro 30
Vaillant ecoTEC plus 832
Bosch Greenstar 29CDi Classic
Baxi Platinum Combi ErP 28kw
Baxi Platinum Combi ErP 33kw

I think, seeing as there were several positive mentions of Baxi above, I will probably go for the larger Baxi (flow-rate of the smaller Baxi is a shade below what I have currently)

I have been asked by the installer to supply the boiler. So it's price hunting time.

Many thanks to all for the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New combi boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock