Currently reading:
New boiler failure already?

Discuss New boiler failure already? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LesB

I had a completely new central heating system fitted just over three years ago. It replaced an older system that was still working (sort of) but with a lounge back boiler/gas fire was just tired and leaked. When I say installed new I mean everything - new pipework and rads throughout and a new Glow Worm Ultracom 15hxi. This is of course not a combi. It has a label referring to inhibitor within.

The boiler is now kettling to the extent that it bangs and we have to turn it off. Needless to say the system is out of warranty and the installer is not local and has no interest in it now. (The system was installed by a nominated installer under the Warm Front scheme). I have had the system examined and the plumber has tried a new pump which did not help. He has said now that the boiler needs a new heat exchanger with an associated fitted cost of around £400!!!

Can the system really have failed so badly after just 37 months?

The problem as I see it begins with w and ends in front, chances are the system wasn't flushed sufficiently, get a local chap to investigate and possibly powerflush, if it doesn't clear the main heat exchanger get glowwprm out on a fixed price repair

Unfortunately yes is the answer to your question LesB :welcome: to the forum :) Most likely suspect would be muck most likely cause, inadequate cleansing before installation?

My advice, get yourself on a contract with one of the big boys, If you're fortunate their initial inspection won't pick up the issue then a few weeks down the line give them a call about a noise problem :) Loads of people do it, not all are successful in not having to pay but some are!

My advice, get yourself on a contract with one of the big boys, If you're fortunate their initial inspection won't pick up the issue then a few weeks down the line give them a call about a noise problem :) Loads of people do it, not all are successful in not having to pay but some are![/QUOTE]

Wise words Diamondgas!

When I say installed new I mean everything - new pipework and rads throughout

Obviously too late now but didn't he do what you have asked to do? To install new pipework and rads? Just agree with Diamond, get Glow worm to sort it for fixed price.

Warm Front system !! proberly find more wrong with it than is right ! may find boiler is to small for size of system ! what has it been running ? Lost count of number of rubbish WF installations I have seen, Best of luck with you problem, your not alone in haveing a poor standerd system fitted by WF. :censored:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New boiler failure already? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back