Search the forum,

Discuss New Baxi 200 and 400 series in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ray Stafford

I had my first look at the new Baxi 200 series and 400 series combis today.

The only difference that I could see is that the 400 series has a built in loop, and a 5 yr warranty instead of the 2 yr with the 200 series.

Looks are conventional, if very small (fits in a cupboard) and very light - I think it was either 26kgs or 28kgs.

24kw model and 28kw at launch this autumn, but there are rumours of a 33kw on the way - much needed I think.

The same stainless HEX as the Duotec family. Lots of plastic in the hydroblock to keep that weight down. Grundfos pump. Standard multifit2 flue system.

All in all, it didn't look a bad boiler. Nothing cutting edge about it, but the last cutting edge Baxi launch (GA series) wasn't exactly a triumph.

Watch out for them on merchant shelves later in the autumn.

Prices yet?

Not sure at this stage, so please accept that this is my best guess based on incomplete information!

I would expect to see the entry level 24kw 200 series combi, 2 yr warranty boiler only, ex VAT at just under £550. With a standard flue and including VAT, thats around £720 ish.

Allow another £100 or so (£120 inc VAT) to trade up to the 28kw version with the 5 yr warranty.

I like the Baxi boilers (Old Plumber) and like fitting the new ones when I can, my problem they don't do meny in LPG what about this new range ??

I like the Baxi boilers (Old Plumber) and like fitting the new ones when I can, my problem they don't do meny in LPG what about this new range ??

There isn't an LPG version on the list that I have, although we are expecting a second wave of product releases, including a system boiler and heat only, so it may come then.

I'm sticking to the duo tecs, I like things that are proven.

Although I am fitting the little heat only jobbie, no pump over run and its tiny. Just hope it's reliable.

Duotecs better than the Valiant though,and its British

They're about as brittish as Vaillants! Both are assembled in Britain with foreign parts. Both are owned by companies on the continent! Only the name is more British.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to New Baxi 200 and 400 series in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock