Search the forum,

Discuss Nest 3rd Gen Thermostat and Biasi Riva Combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rise Park John

Hi All,

I've just moved house and found that the above boiler had no external controls so yesterday I installed a Nest thermostat. I'm a qualified electrician and the install was really straight forward. My boiler has A and B connections with a programmer symbol rather than the 1 and 3 terminals I've seen on line.

My problem is that despite looking fabulous, the Nest thermostat doesn't appear to controlling room temperature, at least that's what the apps telling me. Its switched to Eco mode which should give around 10 degrees but the stat is registering 19 degrees.

I've got a heating engineer on the way to service the boiler, but anything obvious in the meantime?

Cheers,

John.

If you turn the temp up does the boiler fire up?
It has 2 displays, 1) the room temp , 2) the desired temp. If you touch/adjust the temp via the nest it should flick between the information

I understand what you mean, but I with the room stat set to 10 degrees the room temp has stayed at 19+ degrees for several hours. I'm assuming that the boiler is over riding the Nest/

I've just read a post about removing / disconnecting the boiler programmer all together to allow the Nest to manage programming / temperature. Wondering if this would help.

The nest should take over all programming so set current timer to continuous and the nest should do the rest. Is it a plug in analogue timer or an external programmer?

Its an integral digital module.

Biasi Riva.jpg

As a sparks you will be able to remove the digital clock or bypass it so the heating works purely off the nest unit

are the radiators on though it can only turn on th eheating it cant cool it down so if the house is a mid terrace it may well be 19 degrees in the house.

True, I might be worrying about nothing.

I'll try disabling the integral programmer tonight and see what happens.

A Nest 3g on a Biasi?

Isn't this a bit like putting a high end sat nav and BOSE sound system in a 1998 vauxhall nova?

Also as you need to remove the cover you need to be gas safe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Nest 3rd Gen Thermostat and Biasi Riva Combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock