Discuss need hekp on new boiler pls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tfc475

hi, first time on forum been searching as much as i could. I'm thinking of changing old volkera 96 excell for a new one as the hot water as been playing up for a couple of months now. and when the hot water comes thru,( its just luke warm now) it takes a good minute to reach taps.
The one i'm thinking of getting is a valliant 837, do you think this is to big .
3 bed semi bungalow. 3 single rads, 5 double rads, bath and shower.
and i need it to be quiet,have a L shaped lounge diner, and its in a cuboard in the diner as this was a bedroom at one time. cant fit anywhere else. thanks

It's still repairable. Maybe a diaphragm or a bobbin reqd. Basically a cheap service kit

Your installer should check your water flowrate,this will give an indication of what dhw rate you will be able to achieve. Without seeing your property I would hazard a guess that the 837 is probably too big. Have you considered the Ecotec Pro 28 or Ecotec Plus 831?

@ Mbear, its never been right since i've moved in 6 yrs ago, get it serviced every year , just had a new diaphram fitted when it was serviced and he cleaned out the ventura pipe as this had a bit of dirt in it, and i've just changed the thermo sensor thinking that might help, and another thing, sometimes it takes ages for the rads to get up to temp, so i think its best to bin it before bad weather sets in.

The valliant range is fantastic for quiet operation

If you want a new boiler have one

Don't go for cheapest quote

Your going to prob want a flush and a magnaclean or tf1 fitted

Don't go with the gas board. Support your local plumber

I'm sure if you put your location on you will get many of the reputable plumbers on here be more than happy to assist you

@ Mbear, its never been right since i've moved in 6 yrs ago, get it serviced every year , just had a new diaphram fitted when it was serviced and he cleaned out the ventura pipe as this had a bit of dirt in it, and i've just changed the thermo sensor thinking that might help, and another thing, sometimes it takes ages for the rads to get up to temp, so i think its best to bin it before bad weather sets in.

If the fault happened b4 my eyes I could fix it 4 u. All I'm saying is its repairable. Servicing it will make very little difference. It needs repaired. Off course if u want to replace then that's up to u matey. Dont go for a cheap nasty boiler, its a false enconomy. Gd luck bud

this is a perfect example of why a location should be mandatory for all posters theres a job in the offering

Too far for me!
Like Vaillant tho
Fitted system one in my loft with unvented cyl and compensator would recomend

Valiant ecotec range at 28 kw would be enough , but also check your inlet water pressure an condition of pipework.

hi, first time on forum been searching as much as i could. I'm thinking of changing old volkera 96 excell for a new one as the hot water as been playing up for a couple of months now. and when the hot water comes thru,( its just luke warm now) it takes a good minute to reach taps.
The one i'm thinking of getting is a valliant 837, do you think this is to big .
3 bed semi bungalow. 3 single rads, 5 double rads, bath and shower.
and i need it to be quiet,have a L shaped lounge diner, and its in a cuboard in the diner as this was a bedroom at one time. cant fit anywhere else. thanks

valliant 837 to big for that house id go for a potterton heatmax 28 or 33kw well enough for your bungalow is basically the baxi-duo tec witha diffrent badge same boiler tho

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, was told it was to big so gone for a 831 and just waiting for a quote to come thru..Not a lover of baxi, had a new system put in my other house and had nothing but problems with it from the first week of it been fitted, but that was going back some years ago, maybe it was just a rouge one

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to need hekp on new boiler pls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock