Search the forum,

Discuss Mystery fumes! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nina

I have a Worcester/Bosch 430/i boiler, fitted by British gas three years ago, along with a Hercal 1050/450 vented cylinder, and magna clean fitted. The system is regularly serviced under Homecare agreement.All working well, but am experiencing fumes I cannot identify. A strong, plasticky sort of smell, when the system has been on a a couple of hours (ie, when it gets hot) , getting worse as time goes on, and fading when the timer switches it off. It is strongest in the airing cupboard, where the Hotwater tank is, and is often accompanied by a haze, in the bathroom, and the kitchen, which is directly below. We have working smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, which are not reacting.

An old childs inflateable toy has dropped onto the heating pipes,youve got an electrical fault or your husband is smoking home made herbal based cigarettes in the airing cuboard.

agree with above I would call homeserve and ask them to send their best sniffer not snorter

Had this once, a ladies bra had fallen down the back of the boiler casing and stuck onto the top of the combustion chamber (she used to put stuff on top of the boiler to dry).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mystery fumes! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock