Discuss multimeter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andyg0507

what multimeter does everyone recommend? been looking at the socket and see one for £35 (dm240)??

safegasinstall. Wasting your money on fluke multimeters. You clearly earn too much, tell me your secrets or are you going to be revealing them to the Inland Revenue with the forthcoming amnesty for us plumbers/gas installers

safegasinstall. Wasting your money on fluke multimeters. You clearly earn too much, tell me your secrets or are you going to be revealing them to the Inland Revenue with the forthcoming amnesty for us plumbers/gas installers
There is the odd occasion you only get what you pay for. This is one.
Fluke is the benchmark for all the other brands. The cheaper flukes give a 3 year warranty and as far as I am aware the more expensive ones offer a lifetime warranty. Fluke have proven their reliability and accuracy. I have used cheaper brands that are in bin. You want a good quality shifter you buy bahco. You want a quality meter you buy a Fluke.
If you want a unit for nothing other than to confirm voltage etc. then buy the cheaper unit. If you do a lot of fault finding, resistance checks etc. then I would invest in better quality unit.

could justify it if i were a sparky or using it all day every day, or even look for a s/hand fluke..
but for £150+ i would be tempted to use my finger?.

i only bought one multimeter ,did not know that i earn to much ...how do you know ???? if a 1k a week is too much ......i dont think so :) any way nothing to hide from any one going to get Vat register soon !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to multimeter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock