Discuss Multi-speed pump - how does it work? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a Grundfos UPE 25-25 (180) attached to my heating system. It is a 3-speed pump (as indicated by different Morse code patterns on a LED) but has no manual speed selector switch. When I apply 230v directly to it, it runs at the minimum speed. My main question is- how does the boiler tell the pump which speed to run at. Is it to do with voltage? Second question - can I replace this with a simple one-speed pump (connected to mains) and what would be a good one to get? (Fittings are 1.5”). The existing model isn’t made any more anyway. Many thanks.

The boiler doesnt tell the pump what speed to run at your pumps is automatic it selects its own speed .
Single speed pumps , havent seen one in years , mostly 3 speed but even those are “ rocking horse” these days .

Reply to Multi-speed pump - how does it work? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock