Discuss Making a new business in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your way over the top here mate. Your a sole trader, you haven't got any work and your shelling out like you had a turnover of £2m last year. Hold on to those pennies. A fool and his money soon parted!

Start slow, inform hmrc you are going self employed and get your national insurance sorted. Don't be splashing out when you don't know where your next pay day is coming from.

What on earth are you employing a solicitor for? That leech will bleed you dry before you've even made £45!

first hour is free get your info n walk out lol

Now your saying sub contract, I really feel you need to sit down with somebody before you do anymore form filling, yes it`s all exciting but get it wrong at this stage and your in for one big headache.

Nostrum's advice was sound so i read up on the theory and it works for me, its basically the same thing without having to tie yourself down, if i go **** up theres no ties really is there, this way i can find work on sites and work other places as i find them and build a business up

if someone had explained it better earlier on it might have sunk in :)

Your way over the top here mate. Your a sole trader, you haven't got any work and your shelling out like you had a turnover of £2m last year. Hold on to those pennies. A fool and his money soon parted!

All due respect Ermin, i have spent £47 so far on 3000 flyers, the most i will spend in the next week or so will be PLI, then maybe the website/branding

i can pay for that with the pocket money i saved up in my piggy :)

You just seem a bit excitable. I had my first ltd company when I was 18. I wound it up two years later with a loss of £23k and a very annoyed farther!

Agree, I'd suggest writing up at least a basic business plan detailing things like your formation, services, target market etc.

Natwest used to have some very basic but worthwhile software free to download.

I think it can still be downloaded but they discontinued it - I'll see if I find a link for you.

You just seem a bit excitable. I had my first ltd company when I was 18. I wound it up two years later with a loss of £23k and a very annoyed farther!

Please tell me you have made that back now, and we all know what guys are like at 18 in the pub most days by any chance?

Think you got lawyer/solicitor mixed up with an accountant?
no a lawyer i wanna divorce :)

joking aside i think im getting somewhere now, once my flyers come ill post one up so you can see my artisic and creative brain :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Making a new business in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock