Search the forum,

Discuss Lowara Ecocirc 25/6 Pump squeal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

peterpiper

Have seen others posting about Ecocirc quietness.

When I recently installed an Ecocirc 25/6 -130, as a solar HW circulator, there was an immediate high pitch whine noise that sounds very similar to water pipe squeal.
This resonance carries through the whole house, even to rooms nowhere near the solar pipework. And my ears aren't too good at high frequencies nowadays.

The pump is on a vertical pipe run, flow going up, set to speed 1. The pump is circulating fine.

Initially whenever the pump started or stopped there was a momentary squeal, for about half a second, the continuous whine was only occasional and just audible.
I had hoped it would settle down, but 3 days later the continuous noise is louder and more frequent.

At pump speed 3 or above the noise becomes less, it is then a a kind of fluttering squeal. (But not much point getting an A rated pump then running it at higher speed than needed).

I can't find anyone else reporting squeal, so I guess it's not common. And as it's always loud when starting or stopping any (youngsters) would have heard it. Maybe people have, but then don't worry if its not continuous??

The e.ay seller lunnsdirect not much help just saying "This pump is not suitable for Solar systems..". That's not what the Lowara literature says!

Sounds like there is air trapped in it
Read instructions and do auto bleed

Thanks Gray0689.
Do you mean the auto purge function (done that, could hear the circulating bubble noise go), or part dis-assembly of the pump?

Solar Pump Circuit.jpg

Fluid: Water - refill after flush, ( test fill prior to adding Navitron glycol-inhibitor mix at 40%).
System: Navitron 10 x 58mm tube x 2 panels in series.

Anyone know a working contact for Lowara. Their website gives lowaraukenquiries(at)xyleminc.com but it always bounces.

Can't find way for this site to put in proper email address (whole reply is rejected when I preview).

I mean where they filled with a solar filler or a hand pump type

The system isn't full of air as it is working.

Maybe some air is trapped in some of the corrugations. But then it's staying trapped, none collecting at AAV, so is not passing the pump.

How does a 'solar filler' operate to remove more air than hand pumping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Lowara Ecocirc 25/6 Pump squeal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock