Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Looking for plumbers to appear in a new BBC programme in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

epicwinBBC

Hello,
I am currently working on a new BBC entertainment programme about people with unusual skills. I am looking for some plumbers who might be able to complete a toilet plunger throwing challenge!
If you are outgoing with a good sense of humour and think you might be quite skilled at lobbing toilet plungers at targets (and winning some prize money in the process!) then please get in touch for more information: [email protected]
Thanks.

If she's doing the toilet plunger lobbing thingy North of the Border, then me and several other Jock plumbers taking time out from tossing the caber will be right in there.

:)

my mrs is gonna be chattin with them tomorrow!!! she used to throw javelin and hammer for the county athletics team.

I`m in I once got expelled from school for throwing a black board rubber at the teacher.
It hit him square on the forehead so I must be a good shot

Bit of luck (as it's the BBC) Matt Allright will be the target and we can throw the plungers at him :D

it would make a more interesting programe if they have to throw freshly used plungers. the heavier soiled the further it will go.

Why is the BBC alway's trying to make us plumbers and heating engineers look like total idiots! throwing plungers, why dont they do something constructive like make a programme about the good plumbers and heating engineers. I been on this site for a little while, i dont say to much as i mostly read the threads and look at the replys, and they are always helpful to most people who are stuck with a problem, so to me there are a lot more good engineers who are only to happy to help and are most of all honest. I have been in the plumbing and heating game for twenty years and i know some of you a lot more, and i have watched over the years more and more Easten Europeans make our trade look bad, why dont the BBC make a programme about them, and the good helpful honest trade men who have to sort out their dangous and incompetent so called installations.

I was in a team for putting a tapping into a fresh water main, live

I dont know if its still done, but it used to be quite big, all the water companies used to compete, then you went on to take on other countries

Dave (who I used to work with) came from Thames water, he was good, he competed in it, but it was a few years ago

I dunno about lobbing a plumnger though, I know a few managers and customers I would rather lob out, I can use a plumger again:D

Hello,
I am currently working on a new BBC entertainment programme about people with unusual skills. I am looking for some plumbers who might be able to complete a toilet plunger throwing challenge!
If you are outgoing with a good sense of humour and think you might be quite skilled at lobbing toilet plungers at targets (and winning some prize money in the process!) then please get in touch for more information: [email protected]
Thanks.

mmmm, one post, never came back to make any replies, I reckon he's a windup merchant, maybe he never came back, because his soppy idea was lobbed out, he missed the target:mad::mad:

Haha, just read this post, my thoughts exactly. Wind-up. If it were the Dave channel I might belive it but it definitely doesnt sound like BBC material!!

How about a live blowtorch juggling competition?

Can we not just throw the contents of the plunger instead or is that a "crap" idea?

i think nvq3 is advanced plunger throwing

I wouldnt know I have got C&G, parts 1 and 2, all this NVQ and different codes for qualifications beats me

(I dont know if its still part of the NVQ, but lead burning, lead wiping and flashings and glazing were part of a plumbers job)

I better get back to school, I never learnt this plunger lobbing :(

Is it still avaiulible at night school ?

I wouldnt know I have got C&G, parts 1 and 2, all this NVQ and different codes for qualifications beats me

(I dont know if its still part of the NVQ, but lead burning, lead wiping and flashings and glazing were part of a plumbers job)

Same here, C&G qualified and all those so called old school things we learned always come in handy. Shame they're not taught anymore, because if anything they taught us how use our hands to do a skilled job, not just write about it.

it should be, we dont want plumbers out there without the real skills required, dumbing down of quals if people are getting through without knowing how to throw a plunger

I really dont have a clue what they are taught with this NVQ thing, but the apprentices we had at LHR were pretty hopeless when it came to doing things on their own, but they had us 'old boys' to call on, it was easy for them to 'hide in the crowd'
I dont think they could make it in the 'big world'

What papers do these Polish/Latvian/Croation plumbers have ?
I have seen some horrendous jobs they have done (usually with JG push fits)
nothing against JG fittings, just where and when they are used and HOW
Anyone seen what papers they have ?
I havent :(

it should be, we dont want plumbers out there without the real skills required, dumbing down of quals if people are getting through without knowing how to throw a plunger

Dammit, back to school at my age :)

How far does it have to go ?
Is it from a bathroom window or kitchen ?

just start with something simple at first derrick, small plunger and aim for 10ft from a downstairs toilet window, imagine youve just cleared a particularly dirty mess, helps focus the mind on the throw

over time youll be doing 30ft from the landing through the bathroom window

the top guys can get it out of a window from a loft conversion with no opening windows, unblocking a toilet with poor fall and dodgy dergo, they earn big bucks

just start with something simple at first derrick, small plunger and aim for 10ft from a downstairs toilet window, imagine youve just cleared a particularly dirty mess, helps focus the mind on the throw

over time youll be doing 30ft from the landing through the bathroom window

the top guys can get it out of a window from a loft conversion with no opening windows, unblocking a toilet with poor fall and dodgy dergo, they earn big bucks

So much to learn, so little time:(

im sure theres help on tinternet

just google "plunger throwing plumbers""

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Looking for plumbers to appear in a new BBC programme in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock