Currently reading:
Looking for a job.

Discuss Looking for a job. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gr fto reborn

Hello everybody.

My name is Greg Allison I am looking for a job with / as a gas engineer. I am a competent plumber with a level 2 NVQ. I have just completed my CCN1, CENWAT1 (water heater and boilers), CPA1, and I am taking my cookers and fires at the end of this month. I have been plumbing for 4 years now and I have been working on and off for a gas engineer. I have carried out full house installations with unvented and vented hot water installations. I am confident with wiring and can wire 's' and 'y' plan systems. I have 11 years experience in building trades. I am more then capable of being left on my own to complete an installation. But i really want to learn more about service and repair. Once my gas is complete my first port of call will be to put myself through a manufactures repair course. I enjoy my job and I am passionate about it. I feel I am relatively quick at installing and my pipe work is neat. I live in Horsham West Sussex, I’m 27 and a hard working family man.

So if anyone knows of a company in my area or is in my area and wants to take on someone enthusiastic and hard working I have a CV prepared.

Many Thanks
Greg Allison

Thanks. I'm trying hard. It's frustrating but I get nothing but praise from the guys at collage and the guy I'm working with now it's just a shame he doesn't want the responsibility of ensuring he has enough work for me aswell as himself. Hopefully something will crop up soon.

Hey it"s a shame you live in West Sussex. I would have, possibly, had a solution to your problem. I am base in New Eltham but our work area is in London South East. Email me if you"d lie to talk...... [email protected]

Good luck for the future.

Yeh loads of people will flog u relevant survival ticket course with promise of job. Brits are too expensive in monkey jobs. Poles and Bulgarians work for sausages ! Have u got Certs and experience for oil / gas fitting? Why not get job decommissioning rigs. They are all at end if life in North Sea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeh loads of people will flog u relevant survival ticket course with promise of job. Brits are too expensive in monkey jobs. Poles and Bulgarians work for sausages ! Have u got Certs and experience for oil / gas fitting? Why not get job decommissioning rigs. They are all at end if life in North Sea.
Sausages !? Really ?

Ok less than the full English previously encountered in North Sea And Norwegian sectors. Supers and Brits rest are Eastern European. Even vendors use cheap labour!

Ok less than the full English previously encountered in North Sea And Norwegian sectors. Supers and Brits rest are Eastern European. Even vendors use cheap labour!

Dunno where you are looking three of my mates are in the petrol chemical all born blighty
Plenty of jobs out their just need to know where , to many nuggets on here think the petrol chemical industry revolves around the north sea

No not at all but that's the local and safe market. Get a job on a ship or go to Angola. Lots of work in brazil but in my experience of looking into work 7 years ago and that of two good friends. One is chief engineer on support ship and other 2 ic spark. Problem with other markets is u have to use local labour. I.e Thailand I think the requirement is 35% domestic labour. Australia is 50? Problem is that this labour is a requirement of the government who own rights to oil/ gas. The rig or ship is over run with people who are there and know u can't really get rid of them. They are lazy and make everyone else work harder. Harder to get on to these installations as they need experienced staff better qualified than locals. California busy - money is no better than uk. Working away is ok but can be sporadic too, flights ect . Think vendors pay slightly less but u travel more and get home more often. 6 on 6 off is norm for perm staff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Says 2005 for me.

u8agy6y4.jpg

What's going on?!

i did put a link and company name up on here few months ago that were screaming for staff in petrol chemical cant remember when it was but friend of mine just signed up no experience and is being trained in pipe fitting

my brother worked on the onshore gas terminal for centrica in barrow in furness for 9 months. he said loads were ex gas engineers mainly commercial nearly 50k a year with bonuses. he gave it up as he was sick of the commute from spalding and living away and now works at the straw burning power station in sleaford that opened a few month back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Looking for a job. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back