Search the forum,

Discuss Logic 24 combi will not come out of stand by in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

unguided1

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi guys, long time no see!

logic 24 combi, when demand for hot water screen says 0, doesn't change to d and blue light does not come on doesn't fire!
intermitantly heating does the same!
suspected board, but after poking around with a wet finger it all started fine! Then died again! Now suspecting diverter anyone know what voltages I should be looking for with the wet finger for the diverter?
And have any of you ideal fans come across this before? (Expecting to hear tumbleweed at the thought of an ideal fan)!!!!!

oooh and hi mods! Long time no see!!

Blimey a real blast from the past!! Hope you are ok. Great to see you back on the forum.

Look at you boys with all them sexy badges!!!! How are Yer all?

Just an update on this, have been called out to the offending article yet again! Display as dead as a parrot in a Monty Python sketch, nothing, nil, nada, niet, non, etc, 240 to the main pcb, no sign of any damage to board or ribbon. Signs of water, in the front right hand side of boiler case underneath the the pump, but no sign of where it is arriving from.
Now 7:30 pm on a Saturday night going to the pub to find an answer in the bottom of a few beer glasses! Will decide on Monday which hammer to select, I suspect it will be the freaking big one!

Crack sump and leaked onto something electrical?
Flow turbines seem quite common for the hot water issue

Last edited:
Hi scott_d that's the odd thing, electrice are bone dry, no sign of ingress of water. Customer considering new boiler now, damned thing is six years old! And I have no idea, gonna have to speak to ideal on Monday at this rate!

Well, we will never know the answer to the above, finally managed to talk to ideal, after having to wait for a call back, went through all the problems with technical, she suggested the fault might be the 4 amp fuse back left hand side of the board, did a lick test on that, fuse wus fine, mentioned the small amount of water in the front of case, tech decides the case has flooded and ingressed into the electronics! game over.
So new boiler getting thrown in tomorrow! Customer insisted! Says she had spent an evening on the Internet reading all about how useless ideal boilers are!

not yet, I like installing glow worms because they're easy, but I'm not sure about this new one. I get the feeling that glow worm and vaillant are moving away from each other, there doesn't seem to be many vaillant parts in these new ones. I might be wrong.

not yet, I like installing glow worms because they're easy, but I'm not sure about this new one. I get the feeling that glow worm and vaillant are moving away from each other, there doesn't seem to be many vaillant parts in these new ones. I might be wrong.

There's something of the dark about you......

Not seen one yet, and can't remember the last time I fitted a vaillant!

Just an update on this, have been called out to the offending article yet again! Display as dead as a parrot in a Monty Python sketch, nothing, nil, nada, niet, non, etc, 240 to the main pcb, no sign of any damage to board or ribbon. Signs of water, in the front right hand side of boiler case underneath the the pump, but no sign of where it is arriving from.
Now 7:30 pm on a Saturday night going to the pub to find an answer in the bottom of a few beer glasses! Will decide on Monday which hammer to select, I suspect it will be the freaking big one!

Water could be from a cracked sump,post some pics up in a bit,is it brass hydraulics or plastic,and welcome back

s1.jpgs2.jpgs3.jpg

I will open it up in the mornin and check it. Just had a chat with an old mate of mine, and he reckons they're is another fuse I could ave checked on the right hand side of the board, so I will look for that aswell.
I know it's all too late as the boiler is already out, but I just hate being beaten by a poxy boiler!!
just also like to say thank you for the pics Gasman, really appreciated!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Logic 24 combi will not come out of stand by in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock