Discuss Length Of Rubber Hose Between Gas Bottle And BBQ in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit of an odd one this, but probably a good place to ask nevertheless.

We have a 6 burner gas BBQ in the garden with a Calor gas bottle. We want to move the bottle onto the other side of the bbq and into a barrel (holes drilled at ground level for ventilation). The length of the gas hose will need to increase from its current length of 0.75m to approx 2.5m.

The hose will not be in the way or become a trip hazard. Is there anything wrong with increasing the length of gas hose (e.g. drop in pressure)?

The reason for the question is that I have never seen a gas bbq with a hose longer than around 1 metre so there may be a good reason for this.

length of hose shouldnt be a problem but with lpg you need to ventate at the top!! but top and bottem wont harm!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Length Of Rubber Hose Between Gas Bottle And BBQ in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock