Discuss Leaking auto air vent in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dave180

Hi all
My combi boiler's auto air vent is leaking again. I fitted this one about a year ago, how long do these things last? I'm now wondering if it's just some debris or does this mean the system needs cleaning, how do i know if it does? Is there any information you need to have a better idea?
Thanks

sign of expansion problems and corrosion, will probably need recharged or replaced

Mine was always leaking water, so I took it out and replaced it with an ordinary manual bleed off a radiator. For the first week I checked if any air was there by cracking it slightly, and I watched the pressure every day, and still keep an eye on it. Its now steady at 1.5 bar cold, 2 bar hot. That was 2 years ago. Its a Baxi 130HE Combi. (Waiting for comments!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Leaking auto air vent in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back