Discuss lead to copper or plastic in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andrew 1954

my plumber has just fixed an outside tap from lead to 15mm plastic pipe and tap. I think this is bad practice and should have been 15mm copper. Any views

If its outside it's better in plastic. IMO there's alot less chance of splitting in frost

A shocking example to the trade. He could have sourced a bit half inch lead from any reputable scrappy :smile:

Fitted one just last week, in plastic.
(Dare I say on here that I did it in half an hour?)

Last edited by a moderator:
as long as it is neat and there are no leaks i don't see a problem

is the plastic pipe outside?
Am I on my own in thinking that it will be affected by uv light causing it to deteriate over time?

double check and isolation fitted?

i agree its installers choice and without seeing the job would be hard to comment or knock somebody elses work.

is the plastic pipe outside?
Am I on my own in thinking that it will be affected by uv light causing it to deteriate over time?

I'm thinking of built in obsolescence, in a couple of years you go back and get paid again to replace it.
Sweet!

Should have run a washing machine hose and solvent welded a 15mm flexie to the lead. Don't forget when you pressure test this......

Run like hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to lead to copper or plastic in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock