Search the forum,

Discuss Landlord inspection heat input and bp in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

gassed up

Gas Engineer
Just wondering what other engineers views are with regard to checking the heat input and burner pressure on landlord safety inspections.

The guidance tells us to verify the heat input and/or operating pressure of the appliance, however in a lot of cases the actual appliance kw data is not to hand, particularly with older hobs and cookers.

Therefore in these instances we are not really verifying, but just recording the check carried out. So are we properly satisfying reg 26.9.C in these situations.

Also I sometimes come across a previous certificate whereby the engineer has just written " visual and relight" next to an appliance listed that belongs the landlord, presumably because it is an old appliance and they don't really want to be responsible for checking it. Surely this would render that particular appliance unchecked and the certificate not fully valid as far as the landlords position is concerned.

Sorry I know it's a bit long winded, but would be interested to see what other people thought about it.

Cheers

I would do inlet pressure and kw rating most jobs are around the same kw rating so just use my judgment

With cooker and hobs I look at flame picture and measure wp and gas rate at meter. Sometimes take the hob ring apart and take a reading off the jet, if the flame picture is good, I was taught then its ok.. With an oven I will stick analyser on vent and check thermostat is controlling flame. Eventually it is your judgement as to wether its safe to use, if your not, recommend a service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Landlord inspection heat input and bp in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock